Friday, April 23, 2021

EOTO Presentations

  I learned many new things after watching all the different presentations and I especially learned a lot of new things about YouTube and found them to be very interesting. YouTube was founded in 2005 by three people named Jawed Karim, Steve Chen, Chad Hurley. A fact that was mentioned that I found to be very interesting was that there is 500 hours of video content uploaded every minute on YouTube. There are a lot of similar pros and cons that YouTube and motion pictures have in common but YouTube might have more cons because people can post basically whatever they want as long as YouTube allows it. 

YouTube Presentation  

Another EOTO presentation I found to be informative and interesting was about Netflix. I personally love Netflix and watch it all the time but I never knew much of the history behind it. Netflix was invented by Marc Randolph and Reed Hastings with the intentions to compete with Blockbuster in 1997. I knew Blockbuster went out of business because of other streaming services but I never knew it was mainly because of Netflix. In the very beginning Netflix only delivered DVDs, which I vaguely remember, until 2011 when they switched to both streaming and DVDs but sold both services separately. Throughout the years Netflix subscribers only kept increasing and in 2013 they came out with their first original series called House of Cards. Another interesting fact I learned about Netflix was that in 2020 they reached the most subscribers they ever had at 203.7 million subscribers which makes sense because that was during the start of the pandemic. Overall I enjoyed and learned a lot during the EOTO presentations. 

Netflix Presentation




No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Blog Post: My Relationship with Technology

 I would say I use technology more than I would like to admit but not quite as much as some people my age use it. I have been using technolo...